If you hear the words “concrete flooring”, you might think about home improvement stores, factories, and industrial facilities. However, those aren’t the only place you can use concrete flooring. If you polish concrete, it will offer a shiny look that appears elegant. Aside from that, it also holds up to things such as pet claws, high heels, and high foot traffic.
Because of this special aesthetic appearance and durability, polished concrete flooring in Jacksonville may be the ideal flooring for an apartment complex.
Though it’s an excellent choice for flooring, it does not mean that you can install it on all areas of your property. Today, we’re going to share with you some tips on where to install polished concrete flooring.
Apartment Dining areas and Entryways
If you plan to install polished concrete flooring in your apartment’s hallways, it makes a lot of sense that you install it inside particular areas of your property as well.
For instance, you can easily design entryways with polished concrete. Also, it might be more cost-effective to install polished concrete in the dining area of your apartment if it’s adjacent to the entryway. The best thing about polished concrete is that you can clean it easily.
Don’t worry if you think that concrete is too heavy for your property. If your apartment is built and designed properly, it will be able to support concrete flooring.
One area of your apartment complex that takes a lot of beatings is the apartment hallways. Consider the regular foot traffic from tenants and the extra traffic from guests coming in and out.
A polished concrete flooring will easily hold up to constant foot traffic. They operate a lot better compared to carpet.
Polished concrete is a great option if you plan to update the basic concrete slabs on your patio.
What Places Should You Avoid Installing Polished Concrete?
Yes, you’ve read it right. If you’re planning to install polished concrete in every single area of your apartment complex, you might be doing something bad. Not every area in your property deserves polished concrete. This includes:
Concrete floors absorb liquids, such as water, even if you polish them. Stains will happen and odors will stay. You don’t want these things to happen, right?
Kitchens and Grilling Areas
A polished concrete floor will appear disgusting if there’s a lot of cooking grease on it. Aside from the floor absorbing the oils from your stove or grill, the odor and stain will probably linger as well.
Since polished concrete isn’t slippery even when wet, you might think that it’s an excellent choice for your pool deck. Unfortunately, that is not the case. You’ll face several issues if you install polished concrete for your pool deck.
- The look of polished concrete will change due to the chemicals in the pool water.
- Sunscreen and tanning oils will make polished concrete look slick.
For kitchens, pool decks, and bathrooms, there is a lot of other floorings to choose from.
Concrete impresses us in many ways. It plays a crucial factor in the construction industry. Without concrete, there will be no well-established highways, superhighways, buildings, establishments, and houses. Unlike other construction materials, concrete is flexible, versatile, and durable. Research shows that without concrete, every structure will not last long. Also, concrete is not only useful in large buildings but also in small ones. It is one of the most significant materials to construct your driveways, patios, kitchens, bathrooms, and many more.
Way back in 700 BC, a material that has the same characteristics as concrete is useful in surviving in the desert. Apart from that, did you know that we are producing concrete with an average of seven billion cubic meters each year? Yes, you read it right. Since this material is popular in the construction industry, engineers and professionals do not have successful projects without them.
If you are planning to construct residential or commercial establishments, it is best to use concrete. Using concrete means you are making your investments worthwhile. It is also the top choice in terms of patio and driveway making. Many expert contractors handle this material very well. They have their expertise in making your properties beautiful with concrete. However, as time passes, we could not avoid that our concrete might be in trouble. But, do not stress yourself with concrete cracks, especially in your patios and driveways. The concrete patio and driveway repair in Lubbock is more than ready to lend a helping hand to make your concrete astound again.
Many of us might think that we know everything about concrete significantly when we handle it almost every day. But, there are still things that you may not know and might surprise you. Well, keep reading this article and brace yourself with the surprising facts about concrete.
- The concrete is fire and water-resistant. Have you observed that the only thing that stands firm in a burnt house is the concrete? Yes, concrete is an effective shield to fire. It also does not discharge toxic fumes when engaging with fire. On the other hand, if you plan to build undergrounds and buildings, concrete is the best choice. With its water-proof feature, you will never worry about leaks.
- No one can surpass the characteristics of concrete for road construction. Study shows that in the United States, almost 30 percent of highways are concrete. Concrete is the ideal material for constructing a road because it is low-maintenance and will last longer. Aside from that, it can adjust to weather conditions.
- The first concrete highway was built by Wayne County Road Commission way back in 1909.
- Ancient Rome uses concrete as its establishment material. Because of its water-proof characteristic, many ports and buildings in Rome were built with their version of concrete. It is a mixture of lime, volcanic ash, and water.
- Did you know that the British Army uses concrete to know if enemies are coming way back? Yes, parabolic acoustic mirrors were built by the British to monitor upcoming air vehicles.
- Did you know that China has the largest concrete structure in the world? Yes, it is the Three Gorges Dam on the Yangtze River.