Tips On How To Effectively Communicate With A Dog during dog trainer albuquerque
From the various tricks that they’re able to do, up to the most complicated trainings they learn, dogs can do them all. Some might learn it for a few days, others might even take weeks or months, but nonetheless, they’re able to execute those tricks and commands properly.
Despite knowing this fact, there are still times that a trainer or dog owner can’t manage to teach their dogs even the simplest of commands. This scenario eventually leads to training failure, and ultimately, abandonment if not addressed properly.
However, there are a few things that https://www.spiritdogtraining.com can help us with. Take a look at some fun facts about our beloved canine friends.
Doggy fun facts
- Dogs learn through the process of association – linking the words with their meaning, as well as knowing the implication of certain sounds
- Doggy vocabulary can reach up to a whopping 150 unique words
- A dog’s first language is body language – includes facial expressions, vocal tone, and attention.
- Dogs will always refer to your body language, even if it contradicts your verbal commands.
Now that you’ve known all these facts, read some of the following tips to effectively train a dog with proper communication.
Tips on effective communication during dog training
- Be confident.
- Maintain upright but relaxed posture – not too rigid, one that exudes confident authority.
- Make use of hand signals that are clean, simple, and conclusive. Don’t use them to annoy or threaten the dog.
- Maintain composure.
- Stay still. Avoid superfluous movements or meaningless words and signals.
- Learn the art of consistency.
- Deliver a command with the same tone, pitch and length to avoid confusing the dog.
- Cooperate with your dog.
- Avoid using harsh tone in delivering commands. Use a normal tone instead. This tip is due to 2 valid reasons:
- Aggressive and intimidating tones can introduce resistance or subservience.
- Dogs prefer to respond to your normal and pleasant tone of voice.
- Appreciate your dog’s efforts sincerely.
Follow these tips, and you’re on your way to producing an obedient and confident dog.